Dolphin Swim & Snorkel Trip
Dolphin Swim & Snorkel Trip
Important advice to dolphin lovers: book early… there are a lot of you out there. Reservation in advance is a must with a Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover, Paypal, ApplePay or Bitcoin. No Walk In reservations!
$259 Low Season / $279 High Season
Pricing and Availability
Child Participant (5-7 years old)$259**
Adult Observer (10 years +)$89**
Child Observer (3 – 9 years old)$79**
Baby Observer (0-2 years old) FREE**HIGH SEASON RATE is from December 21, 2020 to January 10, 2021, March 13 to April 18, June 5 to August 31, November 20 to November 28, December 18 to January 9 $20 Added per Person during High Season
Florida Keys / Islamorada & Key Largo
Immerse yourself in fun and excitement that you can only experience in the Florida Keys. With this exclusive full day of activities, you’ll have a chance to swim with dolphins and see marine animal shows that will put a smile on anyone’s face. Plus, don your swimming gear and frolic under the natural salt waters and snorkel with tropical fishes and all their aquatic friends. You, your family and friends will the time to enjoy all the wonders and natural God given beauty that the Upper Keys, Key Largo and Islamorada, has to offer you.
- A 30 minute shallow and deep water experience with the dolphins.
- The Dolphin Swim is a 30 minute deep water experience including touching, and training with a dolphin. You’ll swim into deeper water for plenty of fun interactions and even have the chance to get a dolphin ride across the natural salt water lagoon with a dorsal fin ride or a foot push with the dolphin(s). Also a chance to free swim and snorkel with the dolphins, a very unique opportunity that most facilities don’t do.
- The Snorkel Trip includes a 2 1/2 hour Boat Trip to John Pennekamp Coral Reef, includes 1 1/2 hours on the reef snorkeling.
- With the Snorkel Trip, You can come and go on the reef as much as you want and plenty of room on boat to relax and rest.
- Theater of the Sea is on Islamorada in the Upper Florida Keys.
- Sundiver Snorkel Boat is in Key Largo in the Upper Keys.
- You will get complete ticket and directions either by email or text. You can not get lost.
- Key Largo to Islamorada approximately 20 – 30 minutes by car.
- Free All Day Parking available.
- Food is available for purchase at the dolphin facility.
- The Dolphin Facility and snorkel boat is open 7 days a week.
- All Participants must be 5 years old and up.
- Anyone within 5 – 7 years old, must have a paid Adult participant(An Adult is anyone 18 years or older with the child).
- Any Participant Person within 8 – 17 years old, must have a paid Adult observer or participant (An Adult is anyone 18 years or older).
- Program Check In Times: 9am
- It will be a full day of activities. 9am to 5pm.
- You will have time to take quick lunch break on your own between each programs.
- No Pregnant Women
- No Jewelry, Body Piercing, Fingernail Jewelry, Cameras, or Any Outside Objects in the water with the dolphins
- If you have any physical or mental limitation, please contact us before booking
- Must be able to understand directions given in English or have a paid family member or friend in the water to translate.
- Mask, Fins, and Life Vest are provided at no extra cost with both programs.
- A Snorkel can be purchased – $10 plus tax. Wet suits can be rented – $10 per suit.
- Guests should bring their own bathing suits & towels.
- Showers, changing room are provided. Lockers can be rented.
- Food is available for purchase at the dolphin facility.
The time slots available includes a guaranteed 30 minute dolphin program, 1 1/2 hour snorkel boat trip, educational briefing, dolphin shows, sea lion show, & marine park tours. This is a Full Day of activities.
- 9am to 5pm
The Dolphin Facility is in the Florida Keys and on Islamorada, which is one of the major island in the Upper Keys, next to Key Largo. You will get complete written directions with your online ticket. The Snorkel Boat is in Key Largo. These two two location are about 30 – 40 minutes apart from each other by car. You Need to Provide Your Own Transportation.
Click this Video to see all that get with your Dolphin Swim and Snorkel Trip:
Driving Times: These times are approximate from the location listed below to the Upper Keys, Key Largo and Islamorada area, depending on traffic and weather conditions. Important: You Need to Provide Your Own Transportation.
- Key West – 2 hours
- Marathon – 40 minutes / 1 hour
- Miami Beach & South Beach – 1 1/2 hours
- Miami Cruise Ship Port – 1 1/2 hours
- Miami Airport – 1 hour
- Fort Lauderdale Area – 2 hours
- Naples/Marco Island – 3 1/2 hours
Save Money and make your reservation online. In order to get any of these discounts, you must type the Online Discount Promotional Code in the discount code box of the reservation form. These online promotions can not be combined with any previous orders or discounts. These discounts are for online orders only and the discounts will NOT be offered or honored over the phone with a Dolphin World representative.
Dolphin World Online Promotions:
- Make your reservation online in advance and get 2.5% off each participant. CODE: flakeysbookingspecial
- Get 5% off if you make your reservation 7 days or more in advance, CODE: online5%off
- NO DISCOUNTS DURING HIGH SEASON!! December 21, 2020 to January 10, 2021, March 13 to April 18, June 5 to August 31, November 20 to November 28, December 18 to January 9
Upon arrival, please proceed to check-in window, present your email ticket or text confirmation, which you will receive after making your reservation.
- You must give the Last Name on the reservation for entrance.
- You do not need to have a printed voucher.
- All customers/participants are required to sign liability waivers before participating in both activity.
Terms and Conditions
Refunds / Cancellations and Changes:
All cancellations must be received by Dolphin World / Keys Adventure Tours, Inc. in writing by email or regular mail.
- A 10% service charge will apply per person for any cancellations prior 31 days of activity date.
- A 50% service charge will apply per person for any cancellations within 30 – 15 day period prior activity date.
- A 75% service charge will apply per person for any cancellations within 14 – 8 day period prior activity date.
- Prior 8 days of your reservation date, you may change your reservation to a gift certificate, where you would not incur any penalties except the change fee. This gift certificate will be good for 1 year from the date of the certificate.
- NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN TO ANY ACTIVITY PARTICIPANTS who cancel within the 7 day period, does not show up, are late for scheduled program(s). Once a reservation has been made, a change to the scheduled program date is subject to availability. Changes made to existing reservations are subject to a $25.00 per person change fee.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE PURCHASE OF TRIP INSURANCE, which will cover your purchase 100% for any interruptions to your Dolphin World activities! We recommend TravelEx Insurance. Ask a Dolphin World Travel professional for advice on Travel Insurance. < more information >
Frequently Asked Questions
Does your program go on Rain or Shine?
Yes, this program goes on Rain or Shine. The dolphin swim and shows, will go on most of the time. If there is thunder, there might be a delay before the program resumes again. The Snorkel trip may be cancelled due to weather. In the case the snorkel trip is cancelled, you will be refunded this portion of your day. You will only pay for the dolphin swim.
What does it mean to be an Observer?
An Observer is a Participant’s friend or family member. Observers participate in all aspects of the program minus the in-water interaction. During the interaction you can cheer on the Participants and take photos. The Observers stay in the stands and have no contact with the dolphins. The fee includes complimentary admission to the park, so you can see the rest of the shows and exhibits, as well. Observers under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Observers will get to snorkel on the reef if they want to, otherwise the observer can just relax on the boat.
What should I bring?
A bathing suit or swimming attire is required. You can rely on us to provide the following: Showers, lockers(refundable deposit), and wetsuits. Wetsuits can be rented. All jewelry must be removed prior to entering the water.
What about taking photographs with the Dolphins during my session?
Yes, there are professional staff photographers taking photographs or video of you and your dolphin session. You can purchase these photographs after your session. Prices ranges from $40 and up, depending on how many photographs you purchase. You can not take a regular camera into the water with you during your dolphin session. If you do have a family or a friend come with you as an observer, they can take photographs of you during your session. Hint: If you don’t have an observer in your group, you might ask another observer from another group to take a few photographs with your camera.
What kind of pools do the animals live in at the Dolphin facility?
The animals live in natural salt-water lagoons. The water is pumped in from the Atlantic Ocean.
How big is the lagoon?
The lagoon is three acres in size with an average depth of 15 to 20 feet. The rest of the property is about 17 acres in size and rich with tropical foliage and orchids.
Do you have a restaurant on the property?
A snack bar/grill is available and serves a variety of delicious foods at the dolphin facility.
Can I bring my own masks fins and snorkels?
Yes you can to use during your dolphin program and private facility beach. Water shoes may be worn instead of fins for parts of the ray and sea lion swim, but we do not provide these so bring your own. You will get mask, snorkel and fins for the snorkel trip if you don’t bring your own equipment.
Do we have to pay extra entrance and parking fees?
No. There are no extra entrance or parking fees when snorkeling or the dolphin program.
Can handicapped individuals participate?
While this dolphin program does accept handicapped individuals, this program is not a Dolphin Therapy session. This program is primarily recreational. Those interested in a therapy program should consider other locations in the Florida Keys. Although accommodations for handicapped individuals can be arranged, they will not receive special treatments such as extended time or more interactions. If a handicapped individual is to participate, this circumstance will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Are glasses/contacts permitted in the water?
Contact lenses can be worn. Prescription glasses with clear lenses will be permitted only if they are needed but they cannot be removed at anytime (including for pictures) during the session. Glasses with dark lenses are not permitted unless the individual is sensitive to sunlight, in which case a doctor’s letter will need to be necessary.
Other Programs in the Florida Keys Area
At Dolphin World / Keys Adventure Tours we do offer other activities options while in South Florida/Florida Keys. Please contact your Dolphin World specialist to see if any are good for you.
- DOLPHIN MEET AND GREET – Key Largo Area – A chance to spend 20 minutes out of the water and pet, play and do tricks with the dolphin. [ Learn More ]
- SEA LION SWIM – Key Largo Area – Spend 30 minutes with the sea lion where you get to play, kiss and swim with the them in deep water. [ Learn More ]
- WILD DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER WORKSHOP – Key West Area – 4 Hour Wild Bottlenose Dolphins viewing and snorkel trip. [ Learn More ]